Thursday, April 27, 2017

Slow as a Turtle In April

*Orthopedic Appointment. On this day still doing ok with the groin area of my right hip where I had the injection. (Arthritis)  Little to no pain.  But I have been suffering horribly with the outside of both of my hips.  Ortho called it bursitis.  She said she could give me shots of cortisone right now in the office.  I of course baby that I am was apprehensive but the fact that I am not sleeping and the fact that the other shot worked made me go ahead and say OK!  I ask her how bad it hurt, she said well I am up and down these halls all day and I haven't heard anyone screaming...... So she proceeds to go get the hypodermics.  The nurse brought them in and when I saw her holding them up I gasped! They were so big!!! UGH!! So I lay on my side and Dr pushes on the outside of my hip to find the sorest spot and puts in the 1st one....Oh my..the pressured was horrible..I did yell out and I was almost sick.... HURT BAD!!!!!  She ask if I still wanted the other one...WELL NO I DON'T but yes, I did...so continue torture and pain.  She left and I was still taking deep breaths and moaning.....Barely could walk.....HATED IT AND WILL NEVER EVER DO IT AGAIN......
Not able to do much exercise.  Do ride my bike some but it irritates my hips....

NOTE: Exactly one month to the day the pain came back.  It is sore at night like sleeping on a bruise. Some nights are worse than others.  My groin area pain is back as well. Some days worse than others.  All of that was a temporary fix.... Not sure it was worth it.....

* Nephrologist Dr Shah did more blood work to check my kidneys.  Still stage 3 Kidney Disease.
Discussed monitoring my BP, weight and drinking lots of water.  Will continue to recheck every 3 months.  Apparently Kidney Disease can worsen with no warning.

* Rheumatologist Dr Jonalla. Did just a consult and got my prescriptions. No blood work because I had done it earlier in the week with Nephrologist. Discussed my hip pain and some skin issues I am having with rashes etc. Said I needed to take Prednesone if I broke out again to avoid a flare.

*Weight Watcher.  Weight loss is really going slow!  -58 this week.  Wanted it to be more because this week is 1 year I have been on WW. I can't do much exercise on a good day I can walk but I don't like to go off walking by myself in case my hip goes out.  Which it sometimes does and it is very painful I am afraid I would not be able to get home if I was alone........So I walk shopping! But I really need to quit doing that! LOL!!

Look to The Lord and His strength and seek His face always. PSALM 105:4

#weightwatchersisthewaytogo

#Lupus
#SLE
#KnowLupus
#NoLupus
#LupusSTRONG
#LupusAwareness
#FightLupus
#Findacure
#mylupusjourneymylife

No comments:

Post a Comment