Tuesday, April 1, 2014

9 Months out and Camping Trip

I'm sitting here after returning from a 5 day camping trip with my right upper arm muscle aching. It reminds me of the days 3 years ago when I was sitting by my moms death bed..I would ache so much and just couldn't figure out why...this was before my diagnoses of Lupus and Fybromylgia and Arthritis.
..let me start with the camping trip.


Thursday the 28 th my hubby and I left for our annual his birthday camping trip.  Over the years it's went from just us two, to the family reunion, and back to just us two.

Anyway we were looking forward to our trip because we have only been on one trip since I had my knee surgery.  It was a hard trip due to the stairs....this trip to my shock and surprise was the same or worse than that one.  I am 9 months out from knee replacement. I was pushed to my limits from joint pain in both knees, hips, shoulders and near depression by end of trip...don't get me wrong. I had a good time with my hubby.  We took our dogs and they kept us entertained.  But the stairs, getting out of chairs, picnic table, low toilet........NIGHTMARE.

I'm taking the following meds:

Methotrexate 2.5  8 pills once a week

Folic Acid 1 mg. once day

Cymbalta 1 x day. 60mg

Plaquenil 200 mg  1 /2x'day Lupus

Tramadol 50 mg. as needed for pain

Clonazepam 1 mg at night to sleep

Flexeril  10 mg 2 xs a day

Hyzaar 12.5 mg 1xday BP

Baby aspirin 81 mg nightly.

My question is how and why am I still hurting?  I am limited to the point where I can't live a normal life...certainly not a minimal active life...I have to limit myself or I am in bed...very depressing....Sooooo I am not scheduled to go to Rheumotologist until May
and my Orthopedic Dr until June...

No comments:

Post a Comment