Monday, February 4, 2013

Nightmare weekend


Jan 30th knees are worse than ever.   Right knee worse. I did walk upstairs today and I regretted it half way up... Coming down was more horrible than going up. Heating pad most of afternoon.  Took tramadol  3 times today. I had a headache in middle of night again..  First time in a couple nights.

Jan 31st went to Walmart.  We had no food in house and I thought maybe I was laying around to much. I prayed about it.  Should I go or not??? I went and my knee was killing me...came home laid down..felt a little better...made dinner.  Laid down knee worse..7:30 Rick came home I stood up from recliner and my knee felt like a pop and knife stab. Fell back into recliner.  Could not move out of chair so I slept in chair till 3:00 am.  My hubby slept on couch beside me. Until I  had to go potty.  Somehow made it to bed with help of hubby.

Feb 1st  woke up in dire pain barely slept at all.  Could not get out of bed.  Tried crutches. Too much pain...Had to call ambulance.  Matt (son I law is an EMT)  came and got me in Ambulance and took me to Eastside Medical Center.

Was in ER all day. Dr said doesn't  look broke through X-ray. See orthopedic dr this week soon as I feel like it. I can't walk. At all. They put my leg in a fiberglass cast. I have a wheelchair.  It's basically a nightmare. Very painful.

Rhemy called me in ER. Said most likely Lupus continuing  attacking joints.  Or combo of osteoarthritis.


 When we left hospital I have to sit across back seat due to cast can't bend knee which is a good thing....

This Superbowl weekend my hubby did everything for me.  Cooked and got everything I needed.  I am basically totally dependent on him....I am getting better with crutches only because I can put a little weight on my leg.  Still very painful and hope to get an appointment soon with ortho tomorrow.

Today Heather is coming over to tidy up and make dinner for us.  A precious couple in our Sunday School Class is bring dinner tomorrow night.  They also mentioned bring a bag of pecans!  Yum!

Will update after ortho visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment