Saturday, October 27, 2012

The best made plans of mice and men often go astray.....


I wish it weren't true - but I can't act like it isn't: I have joint pain BEHIND my knees, plus a wave of fatigue that can't  be ignored. Bummer! It really should come as no surprise, given all the times this has happened as soon as I get off Prednesone but typically the pain is in my kneecaps....so another place to hurt...great....

The good news is I saw my Rheumy yesterday and she is starting me on a new medication called Cellcept.  I have researched it at this point and the research was positive..... if I just don't read the side effects.....

When I went to pick up my Cellcept the pharmacist ask me if I was having a organ transplant?!?!?!?!?....hence the research.... Uh...no....she then explained it is used for many things and when I said I have Lupus she was quick to nod and tell me it is used for  autoimmune diseases as well.....

The plan had been to have the Benlysta IV treatments but my insurance wants a $2400 deductible which we don't have....so doc thinks this will do the trick.  I take my first one tonight....

The best made plans of mice and men often go astray.....


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment