Friday, April 27, 2012

Nothing is what it was to be.........

The weekend for the Lupus walk is upon us. But nothing is what it was to be... Here I sit alone at home on Friday night. What was suppose to happen was Rick was going to an annual Bass Fishing Tournament at Lake Hartwell tomorrow and I was going to go walk for A Cure For Lupus with my daughter and one or 2 of my granddaughters, Hope and Isabella. What actually happened. Rick went this afternoon so they wouldn't have to get up in the middle of the night and drive to Hartwell and what else happened is just horrible. The Youth Minister at Sanctuary Baptist Church died. John Powell, apparently a heart attack in his sleep. He was Hope's youth minister, Matt's mentor and my daughter Heather's whole family not to mention her whole church's very wonderful friend, brother in Christ for years. I ache for their loss. So I am praying for them all. Please pray for the Powell family and the church family. The funeral is tomorrow at 3:30 and Heather is singing at Johns funeral. Pray for my granddaughter she is taking this so hard...you know how close youth are to their ministers.... And please throw in a prayer for me too for strength, clarity of mind and pain free joints. I am a nervous wreck I will get either mugged or lost....finding my way down town alone via Marta to Piedmont Park to the Lupus Walk tomorrow afternoon at 3:00... Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment