Monday, March 12, 2012

Please click here and support my walk for Lupus

Dear Friends and Family,

I will be walking in the 6th Annual Walk for Lupus on Saturday, April 28th the largest LFA walk in the country! I will be walking on Team Darlene to raise funds and awareness for the 55,000 Georgians with lupus and the Georgia Chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America.

My personal goal is to raise $500 since I was diagnosed October 3rd of last year. I walk to give hope, to inspire, to make a change and to find a cure! The funds raised in the walk will ensure the chapter continues to provide and expand the only statewide free educational programs, advocacy and awareness efforts including seven lupus symposiums and new support groups across Georgia.

Will you support my commitment and help me reach my personal fundraising goal? Lupus has touched me and my family.

Please visit my personal webpage of my lupus journey at
http://mylupusjourneymylife.blogspot.com/ or copy and paste it in your browser.

I have ANOTHER website at the bottom where you can track my walk and my fundraising goals. Just type in my name when you get to the sight.

Use a credit card on the secured website to receive an emailed tax receipt. You can also send a check payable to the Georgia Chapter with the form available at the website.

Ninety percent of every dollar stays in Georgia ensuring the chapter continues to be a lifeline and a voice of hope raising awareness and fighting for lupus families, the chapter also supports the national research efforts funding and advocating for investment in lupus. Ten years ago, no one spoke of lupus, there was little awareness and understanding of the signs and symptoms and very little investment in research. 1.5 million Americans have lupus, men, women and children and finally there is hope with the first new drug approved for lupus in over 52 years in 2011. Enclosed is a lupus fact sheet, to find out more and to get involved, visit the chapter website at www.lupusga.org

Thank you so much for your support! I will keep you updated as I reach my goal, and please feel free to forward my request to anyone you feel would support me and/or my team in the Walk for Lupus Now! Together, we can make a tremendous difference!

Follow This Link Or paste it to address bar

http://www.lupuswalkatlanta.com/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1001936&lis=1&kntae1001936=5206AD8DB93B484893C1806E9B125CF5&login=t

to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Lupus Foundation of America - Georgia Chapter

With much love and thanks!
Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment